Amazon Fire Stick is an extension to your full HD or HD LED TVs to make them Smart TVs. Your TV just need to have an HDMI port to connect Firestick. FireStick enables online streaming from apps like Netfilx, YouTube, Hulu, Pandora, Yupp TV, HBO go etc. You can also use some of the best movie streaming apps like ShowBox, MegaBox HD, Terrarium TV etc. on your HD TV using FireStick. We have other devices like Chromecast and Roku which has the same functionality of streaming media over the internet or WiFi connection.
One good thing about FireStick is that its operating system, Fire OS is compatible to install Android Apps as Fire OS is android based operating system. We can install some of the best Android apps and Movie Players on FireStick using either Downloader app or ES File Explorer. Before that we need to enable Unknown Sources on FireStick. Here we will see how to enable installation of third party apps on Firestick.
Enable Unknown Sources on Amazon FireStick
To enable unknown sources on Firestick, you need to follow below steps:
- Connect FireStick to your TV and turn it ON.
- Once it is loaded, go to Settings of FireStick and select Device/System option.
- Under System, you will find Developer Options option.
- Here you will see two options, ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources, you need to enable both of them.
- You will see a warning message like this “Warning: This will allow anyone on your network to install applications from untrusted sources” Just ignore it and proceed further.
- Now come out of Settings and now you are ready to install any Android app on your FireStick.
I have already posted a detailed guide on how to install Downloader app on FireStick, which actually helps us to sideload Android Apps on to FireStick. So, you must install Downloader app before going to install any other android app, as you need it to download Apk files from internet.
You can also use ES File Explorer app to download Apk files to Firestick, but you can choose either of them. I will also post a guide on how to install ES File Explorer on FireStick, you can use either of them to download Apk files to your FireStick.
I hope that this guide is clear enough to enable Unknown Sources option on FireStick, if you find any difficulty, please comment us below.