Roku devices are the best means of streaming TV Channels, Movies and Videos to Smart TV using an internet connection. Roku gets its streams from internet and with the help of HDMI cable, you can feed streams to a display device, a smart TV. You can get more info about Roku here. Here I am going to let you know how to mirror Windows 10/8.1/8/7 PC or Android device screen on Roku.
Roku Streaming Stick, Roku 3, Roku Express Plus etc. devices and the recent Roku devices got Screen Mirroring feature, with which Roku devices are now able to mirror Windows 10 PC or Android screens on Roku devices. With a few clicks on your Roku Smart TV and on your Windows PC, you can configure Screen casting from your Windows PC/Android device. To enable Roku screen mirroring, please follow below tutorial.
Mirror Windows 10 PC Screen on Roku
- To enable Roku Screen Mirroring, go to Roku’s Settings.
- Select “System” and select “Screen mirroring“.
- Now Select “Enable Screen mirroring” and make sure that you have enabled it. – This will mirror what’s on your smartphone, tablet or Windows PC screen on to your Smart TV screen. You can now cast Web Pages, Videos, Photos, Music etc.
- Now, you have to go to your Windows PC or Android device from which you want to share the screen.
- On Windows 8/8.1/10 PC, Press Windows Key + C and Click on Devices.
- Now click on Project and then click on Add a wireless display.
- While searching for devices, you will see Roku device in the list of devices. Add that Roku device to your Windows PC. After sometime your Windows PC screen will begin casting to Roku Smart TV.
Cast Android Screen to Roku
- On Android device, go to Settings -> Display and tap on Cast Screen.
- If you have enabled screen mirroring on Roku device, you should see Roku device here in your Android device under Cast screen.
- Tap on Roku device and Check Enable Wireless display.
- Now after few seconds your Android device’s screen will begin casting to Roku device.
Once you are done, press Home button on your Smart TV’s remote control to stop casting and go to your Smart TV’s home button.