How to Play Movie with Subtitles on Sony Bravia TV via USB: If you are searching on how to play movies with subtitles on Sony, Sony Bravia TV via USB or Pendrive then here is the best tutorial on how to do that. I hope that you have already tried to play movies with subtitles on your TV but may be you are here just because that the video is not picking up the subtitles. If you are facing issues/errors to play movies with subtitles on your Sony TV, then you can use this tutorial to fix the issue.
Hats off to the Indian-American computer Architect, Ajay Bhatt for developing the USB technology. Now we can see USB everywhere, in mobiles, computers, tablets, printers etc. This technology has been added to TVs as well and now we can see USB ports to almost every LCD, LED, and QLED TV. If your TV is smart enough to connect to the internet then you can watch movies and TV shows directly via movie streaming services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, YuppTV etc. Of couse now every popular TV brand has its smart TV variants with their own Operating System. The most popular Samsung Smart TV is using its own Tizen OS, Panasonic is using Firefox OS and many other TVs are using Roku TV OS, Android TV OS etc.
Play Movie with Subtitles on Sony Bravia TV via USB
We have HD and Full HD TV variants, which are not smart TVs and are considerably lower in cost when compared to Smart TVs. Which doesn’t have the capability to connect to WiFi, internet etc. Now if you want to watch your own movies on your HD and Full HD TVs then you can play movies with subtitles on TVs via USB. Here we will see how to play movies with subtitles on Sony Bravia TV via USB.
- Know these best ShowBox Alternatives for Android users.
- How to turn-off Ads from ShowBox – ShowBox Adfree version download.
How to Play Movies with Subtitles on Sony Bravia TV via USB
Now, to play movies with subtitles on Sony TV via Pendrive, you need to do few things before copying movie files to the USB.
- Download the movie file in .mp4 or .mkv format, if it is not available in the specified video formats, then use any video converter to do that.
- Download the subtitles file in .srt format.
- Rename both video and subtitles files so that file names look exactly similar except the extensions of the files.
- Open subtitles file in Notepad++ and change encoding type to UTF-8 and save the file.
- Keep both video and subtitles file in the same folder before copying them to USB.
- Now insert the USB stick or pen drive to your Sony TV and play the movie.
- When the Movie is playing, press the CC/subtitle button on your TV remote. You can turn-ON or turn-OFF subtitles using the same button.
- By now you will see subtitles on TV screen, if not please follow below steps.
- Now press the options button on your TV remote and select subtitles option.
- In subtitles option, select Encoding and then select UTF-8 encoding type.
Download ShowBox for Sony Bravia Smart TV
That’s it, once you do this, subtitles will show on your TV screen for the movie that you are playing. This is how we can Play Movies with Subtitles on Sony Bravia TV via USB. If you have any other issues with loading subtitles for a movie while it is playing, please comment us below.