Here we will see how to set up Fire TV Cube on HD/ Utlra HD/ Smart TV. As we all know that Fire TV Stick was one of the great online streaming media player from Amazon. After the 3rd generation Fire TV stick, Amazon is now back with Fire TV Cube which was released on june 21, 2018. Fire Cube runs on Fire OS 6 64-bit version with 2G RAM and 16G Internal Storage. Fire Cube comes along with alexa and it have 8 built-in far field microphones to make it completely hands-free streaming media player. You can just ask alexa to turn on/off the TV, dim the ligths, change the channel and play what you want to watch.
Fire TV Cube is so smart that it can also control your smart home devices, but here we will see how to set up Fire TV Cube on HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV to watch your favorite content from apps and streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime Video, Twitch etc. With built-in silk/Firefox browser, you can also access your favorite websites on your TV.
To set up Fire TV Cube on TV here are the things that you need:
- A compatible HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV with HDMI port is needed.
- HDMI cable is not included in the box, so you need HDCP 2.2 HDMI cable to connect Fire TV Cube to TV. Fire TV Cube supports HDMI A Male-to-Male cables.
- An active internet connection (WiFi connection or wired Ethernet connection) is required. Ethernet adapter is included in the box.
- You require an Amazon account to register Fire TV Cube to your Amazon account.
You will get Amazon Fire TV Cube, Alexa Voice Remote, Power Adapter, 2 AAA Batteries for the remote. Fire TV Cube IR Extender (to control components inside a closed cabinet), Amazon Fire TV Ethernet Adapter in the box. Below are the steps to set up Fire TV Cube on compatible TV.
How to set up Fire TV Cube on HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV
- Connect Fire TV Cube to Power supply using the power adapter. (You will see a micro USB port, please note that it is not for power, it is for connecting Fire TV Ethernet Adapter).
- Connect Fire TV Cube to TV using a Male-to-Male HDMI Cable. Make sure that you note down the HDMI port number on TV to select the Source when you Power ON the TV.
- Power ON your TV and select Fire TV Cube connected HDMI port as the input source. You will see a loading screen with Amazon Fire TV logo.
- Now, insert the Batteries into the remote and your Remote will be paired up with Fire TV Cube automatically, if not then press and hold home button for up to 10 sec to send your remote to discovery mode, so you can complete the pairing process.
- Now, connect Fire TV Cube to a WiFi Connection or a Wired Ethernet connection.
- Register Fire TV Cube to your Amazon account, follow on screen instruction to complete this step.
- Now set up voice equipment control for your TV, A/V receiver and sound bar. Follow on screen instructions to complete this setup. Know more about how to set up Fire TV Cube to control your Equipment.
- Follow this tutorial on how to set up Fire TV Cube to control your cable box or Satellite receiver.
- Once the setup is complete you will see a quick Welcome video with tips on how to use your Fire TV Cube.