Fire TV Stick is a video streaming device which can stream video content directly from internet. You can make use of apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Twitch, Sling TV, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Now etc. on your HD/UHD TVs and also on some of the smart TVs where you can’t install your favorite video streaming apps. You can also play video games using the remote that comes with Fire TV Stick. Fire TV Stick comes with an internal storage of 8G, which is fair enough to install your favorite Movie apps on it. There is a procedure to sideload android apps to Firestick, which I will tell you later in this post, or else you can follow the procedure that I have already given to install MegaBox HD on firestick. You can use the same steps to install any other Android app on Fire TV stick.
Once you have got your Fire TV stick device, it comes with an HDMI extender cable which will be useful to you while connecting Firestick to HD/UHD/Smart TV; an Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote which is used to control Fire TV stick; a USB cable and Power Adapter to connect Fire TV stick to Power supply; 2 AAA Batteries for the remote.
To use Fire TV stick, make sure that you have a compatible TV – HD/Ultra HD/Smart tv with HDMI input port; an Internet connection(WiFi connection preferred); an Amazon account – If you don’t have one, you’ll see an option to create the account during the setup. Once you have everything ready, here are the steps to set up Fire TV Stick on HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV.
How to Set Up Fire TV Stick on HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV
Here are the steps to set up Fire TV Stick on HD/Ultra HD/Smart TV:
- At first connect Firestick to Power supply using the Power Adapter.
- Connect Firestick to TV, if needed use HDMI extender provided in the box. Make a note of the HDMI Port that you have used to connect Firestick.
- Now turn on your TV and select the Firestick connected HDMI Port as the TV input source.
- By now, you should be seeing a loading screen with a logo of Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Now, insert the two 2 AAA Batteries into the remote and pair your remote with Firestick. It will automatically pair with Fire TV Stick once you have inserted Batteries, but if it didn’t then press and hold Home button for up to 10 seconds to send your remote to discovery mode so that your remote will be paired up with Fire TV Stick.
- Now, connect Fire TV Stick to WiFi connection using the onscreen instructions. Once Fire stick is connected to internet, sign in with your Amazon account to register your Device.
- If you are facing any difficulties connecting Fire TV Stick to WiFi connection, then follow this tutorial: How to Set Up Network Connection for Firestick.
- That’s it, now your Firestick is ready to play your favorite videos/movies on your TV.
Once your Firestick is ready, you may wish to install your favorite Android apps on Firestick, to do that you need follow this step by step tutorial: How to install Android Apps on Fire TV Stick.