Screen Mirroring or screen casting is a feature in Samsung Smart TV which allows a mobile device to share or cast it’s screen to Smart TV. At any time, you can only share screen from one mobile device connected to Samsung Smart TV.
For the connection to establish, you need to open connection for screen casting on both Samsung Smart TV and mobile device. In this guide, I will explain how to enable Screen mirroring feature on Samsung Smart TV.
Note: You should make sure that your Samsung Smart TV and Smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network. Otherwise, you will never be able to screen cast from your Smartphone.
How to know if Screen Mirroring feature is available in your Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, there is a way to know that. But before that, if your Smart TV is one of Samsung TV models in F range, then you can use screen mirroring over WiFi. For other models, you can use screen mirroring via Allshare cast. Most of the recent Samsung Smart TVs have this feature available.
How to enable Screen Mirroring on Samsung Smart TV?
There are two ways to do this, but I will explain the most easiest method first.
- Press Source button on TV remote.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the available sources.
- Now, you can connect to Samsung Smart TV from your Smartphone as the TV is waiting for some device to be connected.
- The timeout is 2 minutes for you to connect. If not, you need to start from the beginning. But it will hardly take less than 30 sec. if you initiate a connection.
- Press Menu button on TV remote
- Scroll to Network Settings and press on Select button on remote.
- Again, scroll to Screen Mirroring option and press select button on remote to enable Screen mirroring on Smart TV.
One other obvious way to cast media playing on Smartphone to TV is to use a casting device like Firestick, Chromecast, Roku etc. I will share more info about these in the coming tutorials.
In the next tech guides, I will share couple of useful features in Samsung Smart TV which you can find useful.