We all know that BlueStacks is an amazing Android emulator for Windows OS which enables us to install Android apps on PC. Even though there are many rivals for BlueStacks like Nox App Player, Droid4X, LeapDroid etc., BlueStacks is still No.1 Android emulator for PC. But when installing BlueStacks App Player on PC, some may get the error “cannot create temp folder archive” error. To fix this, you have to do small changes in Folder Properties. We will see that here with pictures to let you know how to fix this error.
Please make sure that your PC meets minimum requirements of BlueStacks. A minimum of 2GB RAM and 4GB of disk space is recommended to install BlueStacks on PC. If you have only 1GB of RAM and No graphics card then check this article on How to install BlueStacks on Windows with 1GB RAM and No Graphics Card. There will be performance issues if you have less RAM and no Graphics Card, you can not install resource intensive games or applications on BlueStacks.
BlueStacks cannot create temp folder archive
For that matter, you can get this error during the Installation of any exe file. But, here we are taking about BlueStacks. To fix this error, follow below steps:
- Launch File Manager and Right-click on My Computer/This PC.
- Click on Properties option.
- On the left side of the window, click on Advanced System Settings
- Click on Environment Variables button
- Here, under User variables for MyPC, change TMP and TEMP variable values to “C:temp” (Copy and store the original values of TEMP and TMP variables in some Notepad for future use)
- Then click on Ok button.
Thats it. Now try to install BlueStacks app on your Windows PC. I am sure that you wont see the error “cannot create temp folder archive“. Please comment us in case of any further concerns or issues.