If you are LG Smart TV user, then you should be checking for a detailed procedure on how to enable unknown sources on LG Smart TV or how to allow 3rd party apps on LG Smart TV, not finding any useful info? In this case you should check and go with the facts. If you want to install 3rd party apps on LG Smart TV, then you should know that your LG Smart TV is not compatible to install Android apps as it is running on WebOS, which is a Linux based OS. So far, Sony, Philips, Sharp and Mi TVs are compatible to install Android Apps. But there is a method to install Apps on LG Smart TV from USB, but for that you should need a Streaming stick. With the help of Streaming stick you can use your favorite android apps on LG Smart TV very easily, but for that you should spend some bucks. Here I will guide you how you can use Streaming stick to install Android Apps and use them on LG Smart TV.
How to install 3rd party apps on LG Smart TV using Streaming stick
Streaming stick is a device which allows you to stream a multitude of Movies, Serials, TV Shows etc. from video streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, Twitch, Sling TV etc. to your TV. These streaming sticks also works with HD and Full HD TVs, but if your Smart TV is unable to install Android Apps, then you can use Android compatible streaming sticks like Roku, Amazon Fire stick, Chromecast etc. to install and use your favorite Android apps on LG Smart TV.
You first need to buy one good Video streaming stick like Amazon Fire TV Stick, I personally recommend buying this as you can sideload many Android apps to Firestick TV from USB. Once you have the Firestick with you, follow below procedure to setup Fire TV stick on LG Smart TV.
- You should have a compatible Smart TV which is a HD or UHD or a Smart TV with an HDMI Port.
- A WiFi connection must be there to connect Fire TV Stick to your LG Smart TV.
- You should have an Amazon account to register your device. If you don’t have one, you will get an option to create one during the setup.
- You will get a Fire TV Stick, USB and Power Adapter, HDMI Extender, Voice Remote, 2 AAA Batteries for the remote in the Box.
How to Setup Fire TV Stick on LG Smart TV
- First, connect the Power Adapter to Fire TV Stick and connect Fire TV Stick to one of the available HDMI ports of your LG Smart TV.
- Power ON the TV and select the Fire TV Stick connected HDMI Port as the source. Then you should see a loading screen with Fire TV Stick logo.
- Now, insert the provided batteries into the remote. Your Remote will automatically pair up with Fire TV stick, if not, press and hold Home button on your Remote for up to 10 seconds and the pairing process will be done.
- Once your Remote is paired to Fire TV Stick, connect Fire TV stick to WiFi connection and register your Fire TV Stick to Amazon account.
- That’s it! Now you can sideload Android Apps to Firestick very easily. Follow this post to know the procedure: How to install MegaBox HD on Fire TV Stick
I hope that the above steps are useful to you to setup Fire TV stick on LG Smart TV. If you still have any questions, you are free to comment below.