I have received many requests from Fire HD users that ShowBox is not working on Kindle Fire HD, considering their request, I planned to share this tutorial in order to help you in resolving your issues with ShowBox on Kindle Fire HD and HDX tablets.
Many users are facing issues with installation of ShowBox as Install button was grayed out
Cant Install ShowBox on Kindle Fire HD
There is a buzz among Fire HD users that Amazon is breaking Fire OSs ability to sideload Android apps to Kindle Fire HD tablets. When you try to sideload Apk files, Install button will be greyed out so that you will not proceed with installation. But, you should thank these below workarounds which will enable us to still install Android apps on Kindle Fire HD tablets. Users are seeing this issue after the upgrade of Fire OS to build number 5.6.0, which comes primarily with Kindle Fire HD 10 tablet.
ShowBox on Kindle fire not working
Especially users want to install ShowBox App on Fire HD and HDX tablets, for which sideloading of the apps is compulsory. ShowBox has got millions of active users, not all may be facing the issue but definitely a considerable amount of users will definitely come across this problem. Some people reports that ShowBox is not playing movies on Kindle Fire and for some others ShowBox is not responding on Kindle Fire. Upgrading your Fire OS may be one big reason why your ShowBox is not working on Kindle Fire. Here I will let you know one simple trick to fix this issue.
ShowBox Install Grayed Out
When you try to install ShowBox on Kindle Fire, if you see that Install button is grayed out then there is a simple trick to fix this. In fact there are two, lets see both of them here, try both and I am sure that any one of them will surely lit up Install button.
- When you see that ShowBox Install button is grayed out, press center home button to minimize all the apps.
- Now tap on square button which will let us choose among the open apps/windows, tap on the Installation screen window.
- Now you can see that the Install button is lit up and you can click it.
ShowBox Install button will grey out only if you try to install ShowBox from browser, if you use ES Explorer or downloader app or any other File Manager app to install ShowBox, you wont see Install button greyed out.
This is yet another trick to fix the same issue:
- If the Install button is grayed out while installing ShowBox App on Kindle Fire HD tablet, just press the Power button once to let your device go to sleep mode.
- Wait for few seconds and press Power button again and enter your passcode to unlock your Fire HD tablet.
- Now you can see that Install button is activated, and you can proceed further to install ShowBox app.
This method works for more number of people, and if you want to give it a try, there is one more method that will help you to install ShowBox and to enable Install button.
This method is some what tricky, make sure that you have internet connection.
- Try to install ShowBox app and if you see Install button grayed out, just leave it and press center home button.
- Just long press on any of the installed Amazon store apps until you see uninstall option and uninstall that app.
- Now tap on the square button just beside the center home button to see the list of running apps and tap on Installation window.
- Now you can see that Install button is enabled or activated.
ShowBox not playing/responding on Kindle fire
If you have already installed ShowBox and now if it is not playing movies or if it is not responding on your Kindle Fire HD tablet, then all you have to do is to uninstall the app and you should reinstall it. There is an Ad Free version of the app available, download ShowBox Ad Free App for Fire HD tablet from here.
You may face many such issues with ShowBox while the installation or while using the app, but because ShowBox is not a native app there is no much scope for troubleshooting, the app may go to non-responsive state may be because of the upgrade of base OS and because ShowBox is not tested for Fire OS, it is not guaranteed that ShowBox will definitely work on Kindle Fire HD tablet. So, just try uninstalling the app and reinstall it, this will fix many of your issues with ShowBox on Kindle Fire.