Enable Unknown Sources on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TV: Here in this tutorial we will see how to enable unknown sources on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TVs running on Patchwall OS. Patchwall is a magic AI enabled TV System which understands your preferences and displays video recommendations based upon your viewing trends. When you turn on your Mi TV 4/4A you wont see apps but a list of recommendations from different sources based on your watch history. This has been greatly admired by the critics and I am sure that Patchwall is going to be great soon.
Even though it has some of the most used apps pre-installed, it is necessary to have an App Store for any OS. Mi TV 4, 4A doesnt have an App store still.Luckily, Patchwall is based on Android 6.0, so we can sideload third party apps to Patchwall OS, i.e. to Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TV. I have tried installing Google Play Store on Mi TV 4A, I was able to install the app but it is taking forever to load the apps. I hope that soon Xiaomi is going to add PlayStore support to Patchwall OS. I was able to install Apk files on Mi TV 4A successfully through USB Drive. So, to install Android files on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TVs, you need to enable unknown sources on Patchwall OS on MI TV4, 4A. Lets see how to do that.
How to enable Unknown Sources on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TV – Patchwall OS
To enable unknown sources on Patchwall OS on Mi Smart TV 4, 4A, follow below steps:
- Click on Settings app on home screen under my apps.
- Select Security or System & Security option, which ever is available.
- Under Security, select Unknown Sources and click on it.
- Choose Allow option to enable installation of apps from unknown sources.
- You will see a warning message “Allow installation of apps from unknown sources?” Click on Allow option again.
- Thats it. Now you have enables Unknown Sources option on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TV.
If your Smart TV is running on Chinese Language, check this article on how to change Language to English on Mi TV 4, 4A Smart TV.